Skip to main content

Quarantine with Vincent


                    Vincent was the one thing that was great about quarantine. With so much of time in my hands Vincent and I spent many hours working on learning new chords and songs. I have become more familiar with holding the strings, catching up with strumming patterns, changing between frets faster and my finger muscles have improved tremendously. I progressed through playing many songs in acoustic versions and my muscle memory has becoming better so it is easier to change between chords smoothly. The one thing I am trying to improve these days is singing along with the strumming.  I sound okay, but there are pitches and tones I try to hit with my voice, and it sounds like it could summon rats, kill birds, make ears bleed and wolves howl. (o_0)

Amazon.com: Guitar painting, Guitar art, Gift for a musician ...               
Here’s how my quarantine with Vincent went:
  •        Playing a rip off version of ‘The Horse with No Name’
  •      Playing ‘You Are My Sunshine’- tutorial from Good Guitarist
  •         Learning to play a small customized piece of music in August Rush style
  •         Playing ‘Lean on Me’ by Ben. E King- tutorial from Andy Guitar
  •         Playing ‘U Smile’ by Justin Bieber- tutorial from EricBlackmonGuitar
  •         Playing ‘Mistletoe’ by Justin Bieber- tutorial from GuitarZero2Hero
  •         Playing ‘Perfect’ by Ed Sheeren- tutorial from 5 Minute Guitar

I never learnt any chords from the Harmony institute because classes stopped when quarantine started. I am very satisfied with my progress in learning songs. The reason I didn’t use the same channel to learn all the songs is because I don’t have a capo so I need to find the tutorials that do not use it. 😊
               This week I’m focusing on my schoolwork more prominently bcz my monthly tests are coming up, but I do work on songs with Vincent sometimes. In case you great person reading this wants to learn the above songs on guitar, I have included the name of the channels I used to learn the songs. Hope you enjoy your terrible quarantine…funfact: you never can.

Olimpus Music | 9 Crucial Things My First Year of Playing the ...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What This is About

Vincent and Me -Since 2020- This page is all about my journey with my good companion: Vincent. On the 18 th  January 2020 a gift came to me in a big irregular trapezium shaped box. The moment I saw it I knew what it would be, because I had been asking for it since my 11 th  birthday…and what else would you put in a box that shape labeled ‘Yamaha’. That’s when I met Vincent. You probably already guessed that I became emotionally connected to it the next second. Three weeks later, I got admission at the Harmony Music Centre for guitar lessons and with it came the ingenious idea of opening a page in my blog to keep track of my journey with my guitar. I hope your read is as mellifluous as my strumming.

Day 01

07-03-2020 This post is being written on the 9th, but i still remember the 7th like it was yesterday. I was more than excited when I entered the classroom at the Music Academy. I took my seat enthusiastically and looked around the posters on the wall and the collection of acoustic guitars placed around the entire room. Before i was told, i took out my guitar and pick to play the little two chord song i learnt yesterday called "The Horse with no name". Vincent was perfectly tuned and ready for his first lesson as much as i was. The teacher was a young dude no more than 23 years of age with a diamond face, beady eyes, side cropped hair wearing a white tucked shirt and casual denim. He greeted me with a typical youthful accent of Indians who speak English. I met him the previous week and he asked me to practice the exercises he showed me previously. I didn't remember any of those notes so i sat there strumming the tune of a retarded elephant trying to perform an opera,